The customer journey is the complete experience of the customer in the organization. It covers all customer interactions across channels, devices, and touchpoints at all stages of the customer life cycle (from insight to loyalty).
Companies use a wide range of channels to communicate with customers, but they often fail to connect every activity with the customer journey. Sales and marketing strategies are isolated from each other, leading to a disconnect in the customer experience.
86% of customers are willing to spend more on products for a great customer experience.
Customer journey step by step
The initial step of the customer journey is product awareness. The awareness can be from anywhere like social media, TV, billboards, or from word of mouth. SEO plays a crucial role in online reach. Atlanta SEO company offers branded SEO services that help in reaching the target audience through different engaging content.
The second step is a consideration, where you consider what and want and purpose of buying. In this step, you start comparing products of different brands so that you take a final call.
The third step is to purchase it from a reliable store.
This step is more important than the purchase step. In this, you can check your satisfaction level like are you satisfied with the purchase or not?
The last step is advocacy.
Optimizing the customer journey based on direct feedback resulted in 174% more sign ups from our ideal target customer.
Reasons to map the customer journey
- Return on Marketing investments
- Improvement in Customer Service Cost
- Improvement in the average sales cycle
The 7 phases of the customer journey
The customer journey is linked to each instance that the customer comes into direct contact with your company or product:
- Before a purchase – customers will come into direct contact with online advertising, social media, email marketing
- During a purchase – customers will come into direct contact with sales teams, consultants, and your company’s website
- After a purchase – customers will come into direct contact with training material, follow-up inquiries and future customer marketing communication
You may consider tools like a customer journey map which gives you an instant mind-map for consumer journey based on which you can draw your strategy and execution.